Saturday, August 23, 2008

Education Week

Education week is over!!!! Finally. Now the schedule is only going to get weirder until fall finally starts. 

I move in MONDAY! I'm pretty excited. They've already started redoing the whole thing. I have a new refrigerator, dishwasher, and soon to be light above the sink. I think they are getting me new carpet too. I'm pretty excited about my roommates too. It's going to be hard though; I can tell. I saw one of my old roommates with her new roommates and that was kind of hard in and of itself. I think I'm finally going to have to realize that they are my OLD roommates. And that my life is totally different and so is theirs. And honestly, I need to figure out a life that doesn't involve them. I figured that out yesterday, and for the second time this summer... I cried. Silly huh? For heaven's sake. I. am. so. emotional. Puhlease! I am not a good adapter. I've gone my entire life with a best friend or friends, and for the next three years I'm going to have to do this college thing like everyone else is, and just enjoy having a ton of friends that won't really mean anything after I graduate. Great. I'm so excited. Man, emo much?

So Deena called me a social bug today. Ha ha. I was like, "No seriously, you don't understand. I am NOT a social bug... anywhere else." Well at the Bookstore she's right. I'm a social bug. Weird. I talk to everyone. Oh and today I had a new experience. I was getting off my break and happened to be walking through General Book (not clocked in, or wearing my apron or name tag) and some lady was like, "Do you work here?" I said, "Um... yeah actually." Wow. I've officially got it printed on my forehead. Unfortunately I didn't work in General Book, so I could only point her in the direction of the information desk, but still... sad.

Deena was funny today. Since it was Education Week this week, we've been stressed like none other. Her especially. Well The Bookstore has been open until 10, and I'm the closing person. Hooray. Well it was like 9:45 and Deena said, "We need to say something mean to Phil." So she said something about the downstairs cooler breaking, and I said, "Wait when did that happen?" And she said, "It didn't." So I looked at her and said, "Oh we're going to lie." So I started looking around the Twilight Zone, searching for things that could have gone wrong today. I came up with the microwave exploding. We changed it to someone putting a hotdog in it with the foil still on to make it more believable. We even added some true ones like: hair in the german chocolate fudge, and the donut guys spilling the donuts, and running out of fruit. We also said that Julia fell down the stairs, someone knocked over the apple barrels and spilled water everywhere, the freezer door got left open and the top icecream melted, the registers crashed (which did happen Tuesday), Carol broke the nut machine (which did happen Wednesday), well... anyhow, you get the point. So we told Phil all of this saying, "Aren't you glad you weren't here, and aren't we glad it's over. lol. It was fun. Everyone was really loopy this week. Even Deena apparently. It was awesome, but I'm glad I don't have to work 2-10 or 1-10 anymore. My whole body hurts. 

So that was my life this week. Oh and I talked to Tikla on... Wednesday. Technically. I finally worked up some courage and conquered my fear. I so totally rock and you know it!

So THAT was my life this week. I'm glad it's over, but I'm glad it happened too. Now on to preparing for fall. Puh. So NOT looking forward to that scenario. Well, til the next time I write! Tchuss!

No comments: