Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas!

So I got to go home for Christmas and it was so great! I haven't been home in about seven months, which was weird for me to think about. So much has CHANGED! It was crazy. New stores were everywhere, Samuel was home, Monie had a baby (who is pretty much the cutest thing alive which means something coming from me. I'm a great judge of cuteness.), I saw some kids passing sacrament that I was sure were in Junior primary, the church is blue and not red, there's a huge new high school off in the middle of nowhere hopefully going to be open soon, and I'm sure there are a dozen or more things I've forgotten.

So I left Salt Lake at 5:45 AM (yuck!!!!) and made it into Sedalia at about 3ish. I spent Christmas opening gifts that my mother had way too much fun trying to disguise. For instance, she got me the movie Wall-E and she first wrapped a calendar around it and then she wrapped that so I couldn't tell what shape it was in. She also bought me a lot of pajamas that she wrapped individually in different shaped containers. It was fun. That night I went to Monie's and we "watched" movies. Mostly she packed and I played with Kady. She is ADORABLE!!! I could just squish her, but I won't because Monie would probably not like that. She is such a cute little mommy. But I'm not gonna lie, I still can't grasp the fact that she is a mommy. I mean we were just kids a few years ago. Where did time go?

Anyway, Justin called that night while I was over there. It was actually kind of funny because Monie thought it was my brother, and I went back inside to get my coat and Justin was like, "Give the phone to Monie". So I did and she said, "Oh Justin. (under her breath, "I thought this was your brother.")" haha. It was fun. So at this point I have no idea where Justin and I stand, but I do know that I have two conniving, nosy relatives who are going to treat me like they know until I either marry him or break up with him. Oh great. Family.

I taught sunbeams on Sunday. Monie was the normal teacher, but she was in Nauvoo since they are moving... well.. yesterday. haha. Justin's mom came up to me and said, "Are you doing anything today?" I love how she had to ask to make sure no one got to me first. I mean, I've been gone for most of the year and I come back for one Sunday and I'm teaching again. Figures. Not bad though. Even though they were all boys, and Mario decided it was Annoy-the-Crap-Out-of-Everyone Day. Other than that it was fine. 

I also hung out with Hannah and Jessie at some point. I met Hannah at Walmart and then we picked up Jessie and got some pizza and went to the park. Did I mention that it was a nice 50 degrees most of the time. Lovely. Anyway, I never got to see Hannah much because she's pretty much on her husbands leash. I expected that though. Oh well, it works for them. 

I hung out with Heather on Tuesday. We went to Perkins to eat and catch up. Then we went to go get her brother and went to go see Marley and Me. Good movie. Really sad though. I felt dumb because I couldn't control my crying. Luckily I could control the sobbing. It was a really good movie though. I don't care what other people say about Valkrie or however you spell it. I know some people have a fascination with gore and violence, but I am not one of those people. Anyhow...

We also had an All-Holiday Bash at Monie's. We celebrated various  holidays that we miss spending together. It was fun. That was also New Year's Eve. I went home just in time to be there at midnight. haha. Mom wasn't there though because she was putting gas in the car because I had to leave the next day to come back to Provo.

Lucky to say, I am officially moved in, and my room is relatively clean. haha. Which is one of my goals this year. I like my ward and my roommates. I think this semester is finally going to be the time of my life. Not that I wait around for it. Everyday is the time of my life. But I think this semester it'll be... how do I say this?... a little easier to find things I'm grateful for. haha. Yeah that's it. Oh yeah, I forgot. 

On Wednesday I got contacts again. It was funny because the doctor said that my right eye is so messed up that it needs a special contact lens fit special for it, so that I can see properly. Sad to say that takes a long time, so my right eye isn't exactly at 20/20 right now. It's ok though. I'm over the dizziness. That pretty much sucked.  

So as boring as they are these are the highlights of my holidays. I loved every minute though. I also got good grades which is always a nice touch. Not to mention the huge jump in my bank account. Ooh la la. I should go and NOT be productive. The next four months will be productive enough. No need to start tonight. ;{ haha I accidently typed that. Doesn't it look like a little angry man who can only squint with one eye. Yeah I'm weird. Here's what I meant ;P

No comments: