Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back in Reality

I know this sounds weird, but I think I've finally figured out why I'm more content now... even happy. I'm back in reality. I'm not convincing myself of anything; I'm not being convinced by anyone else of anything. I'm back to being neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I'm just a realist. 

Wanna hear how I figured this out. For a while I got sucked into this la la land maze that wouldn't let me go. It was full of rainbows without rain, flowers, and sun, and everything good. But that isn't me. It is some people... sickly enough... it is some people. But that isn't my reality. 

So here's the the funny/weird story. Not long though I don't think. You know the phrase "when life hands you lemons make lemonade". Well someone gave me a piece of flair that says, "Unless life also gives you water and sugar, your lemonade's gonna suck." That sounds terrible, but it made me so happy. It was nice  to know that not everyone's life is perfect. I'm not alone. Not anymore at least. I have people that care about me... but almost more importantly, I have people who want me. It's not this passive, "I like you, but..." Now it's, "I like you, so..." It's been hard here in Utah having all the people that wanted me in Missouri, but now I found some here too. And I'm not alone. Other people have lived crazy hard painful lives. Some like me, some worse than me, but there's always someone to understand what it's like to not be charmed. I missed that. I'm grateful everyday. Because I know I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my Heavenly Father. I wouldn't be here if He didn't love me and want me to be happy. Happy with no strings attached. 

Finally.

No comments: