Friday, February 6, 2009

Ego

I'm not talking about Freud. Just FYI. I like Jung's interpretation much better. Your ego is you. Ego means "I". I think I've got a pretty good grasp on my ego. I think I know it's shape, color, texture, and content. But there's more to us than our ego. There's our shadow or alter-ego which I also understand pretty well about myself. If you understand your ego the only thing you really need to do is acknowledge the possibility of an alter-ego and you're set. I'm ok with my archetypes and being collectively stereotyped.

But there is one part of me that I don't have control over yet and it takes over my ego. That's my persona. Persona literally means "mask", and, believe it or not, I have difficulty taking mine off. I'm pretty much an open book when it comes to what has happened to me. Ask and ye shall receive is me in a nut shell. The trick is to get me to admit how I felt about it. And if you don't know how I felt about it you know basically nothing. You could see that I opened the door for someone, but do you know why I did it. Actually I do that because I like to, but you get the point. I don't think there are hardly any people at all that really know my ego because in my opinion my ego is kind of what I really wish I could say and do and act like. My persona is so not the same. I'm still a little (or a lot) rambunctious and giggly, but sometimes I act like that when I don't really want to. I'm a little sick of not having control over my persona. Honestly I like my ego better. 

That was me just rambling about stuff that my personality class is teaching me. Man, I thought I thought (wow redundancy) too much before. Yuck. haha

1 comment:

Tikla said...

Wow, that's really interesting. Seriously. You've convinced Kathryn to be a psychology major, don't start on me! :D