Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friends

Ok, don't ask me why but I've been a little upset because people who aren't in my life seem to somehow weasel out all of my information through other people which is not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of information I like to tell to very few people so if it goes wrong all of the people who were there through the whole thing will understand and be there for the bad part too. Some people just want something to talk about. So if they know that I applied for a job, if I didn't get the job or lost the job they'd talk about it but not be there for me at all. 

Which got me thinking about a completely different subject. How do I define who is "in my life"? Because there are some people that I see more often than I see Monie, but Monie is in my life and they aren't. So I came up with my definition. Someone who's in my life, whether it be family, friend, or acquaintance, is someone who I know when I'll see them again. Or at least I have a vague idea. There are acquaintances I have that only come to game night on Sunday's, but because I know I will probably see them eventually for game night, I consider them "in my life." I may not see Monie very often, but I know when that I'll probably see her again when I go home. If I can convince either my mother for the car or Justin to take me. But I think for long distance people to be in my life, there has to be some kind of communication. Like I know when I'll hear from them again instead of see them again. 

So yeah... I think too much and over analyze everything, but at least now if someone gets mad at me for saying they aren't really in my life anymore, I can explain why.

No comments: