Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update

So I'm super tired and I've got another half hour before my next class starts, so why not kill some time right? Anyhow... I guess I really don't have any updates. Nothing too exciting is happening to me. So one thing that is freaking me out right now is the fact that Justin gets home in a month from today. Actually I guess it's more like 28 days because February only has 28 days in it. Yup... that's pretty much the weirdest thing. I feel like he just left and that he's always been gone at the same time. I wonder what he's going to act like. Considering that my best friends are already a little worried about him, I guess I should go really slow... and not let any of them know what I'm thinking. haha.

I got a 100% on my stats quiz... without studying might I add. haha. I'm not bragging at all. haha. I also found out that I have an A- in Women's Studies so far which is pretty good, since I don't do a lot for that class.

I have a visiting teaching dinner tonight, and I'm already exhausted. That and my companion is making me do all the dishes. So that's pretty much going to suck. But I'll just protest and not do them tomorrow like I'm supposed to. I'm too tired to mess with people.

So I kind of hit a mean streak this past week. I've been getting "self-esteem" therapy/coaching from my friend Erich (who I met a month ago... yeah I think that's weird too). Well I keep hitting these I'm-worth-more-than-how-you-are-treating-me kicks (hence the last post) and one of them ended up being really mean. I told this one guy that he only cares about himself and that he was basically an idiot for being the polar opposite of straight forward. I still hold that he deserved it, but inside I know I could've been nicer. Consciences suck don't they?

Work has been getting a little frustrating for me, but things have died down now. Now that I don't have a the stocking assignment from Hades. It's still frustrating though because at the Candy Counter you actually have to deal with customers, and it's annoying when you are actually trying to get things done and your coworkers are just standing around talking, and you have to go help the customers. That and customers (and I fully admit that I'm like this too) are so wrapped up in themselves. This morning I was trying to change bins and make cookies and customers who just wanted to be checked out would come to me. I wanted to be like, "Isn't it kind of obvious that I'm trying to do a million things at once and that there are four registers with cashiers sitting on their hind ends doing nothing that you could've gone to?" But I don't. I don't mind when they need to get candy because that's something I have to do that no one else can. But why are they bringing books to me? The other registers do not have lines at 8 in the morning. They could pick the one by the exit they so choose, but no... they decide that because I'm closer it doesn't matter that I'm doing a million things at once. Ugh... I guess I've really needed to vent about work. Hmmm... good to know.

So I apparently am half of the compassionate service committee. It's Angel (my roommate) who is over Bryan (the chair) who is over me and this girl named Rachael (that I've never met) and we are the compassionate service committee. I think that's kind of funny. Apparently the bishop forgot about the compassionate service committee and so it only has two members. haha

What can I talk about for twenty minutes. Well I guess it's more like ten because I should be on time for class. I have stats tonight. Dr. Flom is actually a really great teacher. He will stick with you and do problem after problem until he thinks you understand. I like that because I'm so used to teachers who either don't care or won't really try to help if you don't get it. They'll just do an extra example and then move on. Stats is actually more interesting than I thought it was going to be. Right now we are doing probability and I feel like I'm in fifth grade. That's good I guess though right. It's only when we have to do probability with z scores that I'm going to get stumped. haha

Well I guess that's it for now... I told you my life is boring.

No comments: