Wednesday, June 11, 2008

If Anything Can Go Wrong It Will Part 2

So here is the continuance of my "If Anything Can Go Wrong It Will" story.

Sunday I spent the night with Kathryn... nothing went wrong there; that was really fun. I rock at Wii bowling. lol. So the next day I go at 9:30 to sign my contract, but there was a sign on the door that said it wasn't going to be open until 11:30. 

So I get back in the car, but when Kathryn started it it started making a funny noise. So she turned the car off but the noise didn't stop, actually it got worse. So we opened the hood (or trunk if you're Kathryn) and smoke started coming out and one part of the engine was vibrating. Later it started crackling. Then this guy came over to help and cut a few wires and eventually the thing stopped. He told us that if we'd let it go for about one more minute, it would have probably burst into flame. 

So Kathryn's mom came to get us and we did some running around. When we went back at 11:30 the sign said noon. Then we went running around again, and came back at around noon, but the sign had been changed to 2. So we decided to just stay and figure the car (which is now in the back of where Rose Hallows office is) they called Kathryn's brother and he took a look at the car then waited around for the tow truck. We got my boxes and they helped me move in. 

So that was Monday. Something was definitely trying to get me to not move in. :)

Well that night I went to FHE with Natalie and had a blast. They had a lesson about the apostasy and everyone was really interested. There was a discussion and everything. Then they went downstairs to surprise this girl for her birthday. Natalie, Addison (one of the FHE dads) and I went upstairs to filled up water balloons. Afterward we played water balloon volleyball across the balconies. It got pretty entertaining, especially when our team decided to grab some balloons and just chuck them over. Then everyone decided to go to The Elms pool to go swimming with their clothes on. Everyone seems really awesome.

Then last night I went to Institute for the first time, and the teacher is amazing. He is really funny, but he stays focused. He even makes us participate in smaller groups. He is very passionate about the gospel. We talked about two of Elder Oaks' talks. The first was Testimony and afterward he had us bear our testimonies to each other because Oaks said that more testimonies are gained on the feet bearing them than on the knees asking for them. The second talk was "Good, Better, Best". We talked about some examples and somehow got on the topic of books, and now we've all been challenged to read one book a week. 

So yeah I'm so excited. Now I'm waiting to see if I get this job at the Bookstore. I have an interview tomorrow wish me luck.

No comments: