Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time Flies!

So I have been up to a lot and I just realized that I haven't really updated  info on my life. whoops. Well the biggest news is that a couple weeks ago I got a job stocking things at the BYU Bookstore. I work for the Candy Department, and therefore get all the perks. I sample fudge, eat spilled candy, get free pizza and hot dogs sometimes, and even orange juice. Not to mention the 20% discount and 10% discount on textbooks. I'm pretty excited. The people I work with are amazing too. The funniest has to be Phil. He makes up the most hilarious and random signs. My favorite has to be "The Epistle of Phil to the Stockites". The whole thing was written like it was in the Book of Mormon. It was hilarious. 

Anywho, today was church. I also had my Bishop's "get-to-know-you" interview and Bro. Preble kidnapped me too. I will have to admit that when I was talking with the bishop I was a little hesitant. Afterward I called my mom and even started crying because I missed Bishop Madsen. He is an amazing man though. We had joint Priesthood/Relief Society today and he gave the lesson. It was all on marriage and dating. Whoopee. But seriously, it was exactly what I needed to hear. I always tell myself that I'm not thinking about marriage right now, but that's not really true. Especially since I've only been on one date since I've been out here. I kept thinking "No one wants to even date me, who is going to want to marry me?" And then I would just figure that I'm going to marry Justin. But the Bishop said something that surprised me a little. He said "you have the right to be romantically in love with the person you are going to marry". He also told us to believe that we can have that kind of love. I like that he didn't tell us to hurry up and get married. He told us to take our time, and wait for the right person. We deserve to be the happiest we can be. I really liked that.

He was pretty funny too. He said something like, "We have some really wonderful sisters in this ward... the elders are... ok." It was funny.  He's British too. He was announcing that Glen Beck was speaking tonight about America. Then he said something like, "I really like America, that's why I always leave the country during the fourth of July and go back to Britain." It was a lot funnier when he said it though. And he really is leaving to go to visit his family in England on Tuesday. 

I'm going to bring my laptop to work tomorrow and put up some pictures of my FHE doing our service project. It was really fun. 

This is going to sound really lame, but I have so much going for me right now. I'm making all sorts of new friends, I have a job, a great ward, I fit in pretty well, but something is missing. Right now I'm just content. Not that that's bad. I'm happy really. I just feel like something is missing. I think I just miss having a best friend. But you know what, eventually I think I'll get used to it, and I'll laugh about the times when I needed one. It just takes a little time I suppose. Well I should "go to bed" aka "read The Host". I was doing really well at going to bed at a decent hour too. Well it's not like I need to right now. I go to work at like noon. Well "good night".

No comments: