Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Somewhere

Somewhere inside my head there's a place.
A place that no one else can go.
A place that I can call my own.
A place that only I can define
Whatever's in my mind.
Where I can define my own space.

Somewhere inside my head there's a girl.
A girl that can write with ease.
A girl that can fly and run and breathe
A girl who knows wrong from right.
A girl who only lives in the light.
A girl who lives without the world.

Somewhere inside my head there's a road.
A road that continues to grow.
A road that only Heavenly Father knows.
A road that's made with different terrain.
A road that teaches me joy and pain.
A road that helps me learn what I've already been told.

Somewhere inside my head there's a plan.
A plan that helps me set my goals.
A plan that slowly I'm getting to know.
A plan that helps me learn to find truth.
A plan that guides me through.
A plan that shows me that I can.

Somewhere out there my Father sees
All these things inside my head.
All these words that went unsaid.
All these goals I didn't quite meet.
All these decisions I couldn't quite reach.
All the things I couldn't quite be.

All the good that I have done.
All the successes I've earned in school.
All the times I followed every rule.
All the love that I have given.
All the times that I've been driven.
He'll watch me walk my way through life.
Until one day, after much happiness and strife,
I can stop walking, and finally run.



No comments: