Monday, November 24, 2008

E'en the Past Enjoy II

"For he lives twice who can at once employ
The present well, and e'en the past enjoy."
-Alexander Pope

Yes, it's hard to see a beautiful day end. Sometimes it's hard to believe that there will ever be a day as beautiful as the last. My tree lost its leaves, my sun set, and my book ended, and it's true that maybe this day wasn't as beautiful as the last. Maybe my tree didn't have as many leaves as it did the year before... maybe my book didn't end happily. This time. 

But once again I am watching my tree lose its leaves; I'm watching my sun set; and yes, I'm reading the last page of that book. And I've learned a lot, and I will never be the same because of this place.  It helped me grow and learn about myself, my relationship with people, but most of all my relationship with God. But as I watch the leaves fall from this tree, the sun setting... I can't help but feel a peace. No matter what, everything will work out. It may not be how I planned, but "life's what happens when you're busy making other plans" right? The most important thing I learned here is that no matter what the circumstances, there is always hope. There is always a light shining in the darkness. "Even in the darkness every color can be found." I've learned to find those colors, and not dwell on the darkness. At least for the most part. 

So... now on to another book. I'll tell you how this one ends.

No comments: