Saturday, May 10, 2008

Daughter of a King

So last year at girl's camp the theme was "Daughter of a King". I remember as a JC we had to put on a skit for the other girl's that had to do with this theme. I was so upset because I could only remember what we threw and not what we said. Well I was going through a drawer, and guess what I found! The skit! So now I'm going to post it here so I will never lose it again! :)

Once upon a bad hair day, a prince rode up Rapunzel's way.
From up above he heard her whine, upset her hair had lost it's shine.

Rapunzel to her maid did say, "I am a princess, born that way,
You are just a lowly maid, so hop to it girl, and fix my braid."

The prince thought her nagging was a plea and sallied forth to set her free.
Alas, she was too far away to quite make out what he would say:

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, throw down your hair!" She thought he said, "your underwear."
"No Rapunzel. Your curly locks." Rapunzel threw down dirty socks.

"Please, love, just your silky tresses!" She thought he said silky dresses.
In lace and frills up to his head, the prince's cheeks were blushing red.

"Rapunzel, do you have a rope?" Rapunzel dropped a cantaloupe
It burst in pieces on his head. "Oh bad catch!" Rapunzel said.

"Perhaps," he sighed, "this is a test." And bound by love he did not rest.
"OK, Rapunzel, how 'bout twine?" She heaved out her blue-ribbon swine.

By now the prince was feeling hammered, not to mention less enamored.
He growled up, "Do you have a ladder?" Rapunzel tossed out pancake batter.

It covered him from head to toe. She yelled, "It's better cooked you know."
At this the poor prince had to cry, then cupped his hands for one last try.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your braid!" Confused, Rapunzel pushed out her maid.
The maid fell squarely on the prince, quite pleased with the coincidence.

She nimbly jumped up off his lap and soon revived the flattened chap.
Turns out, the prince found something of worth; The maid was also royal by birth.

"Hello, my dear. Who might you be?" "The daughter of a king," said she.
Then smiling said, "For what it's worth, you'll find I'm really down to earth."

His young heart thrilled, he gave a hoot, for what was more, the maid was cute!
She set the prince upon his steed, then leapt behind with graceful speed.

Rapunzel watched them ride from sight. "I'm glad I finally heard him right!
I hope if they come back for more, they'll think to knock on my back door."

The horse rode off into the blue. The prince had discovered something true:
The most beautiful thing there will ever be, is a girl who knows her true identity.

The End.

Ok. To clear up some things... it wasn't a cantaloupe; it was a foam ball; it wasn't an actual pig; it was a tiny stuffed one; and as for the pancake batter... yeah that was real. Poor Bri. She knew it was coming and she signed up to be the prince anyway, so I figure just let her be covered in pancake batter. It was really fun. Hannah and I were the ones handing everything to Rapunzel. Yeah that was a good year :)

No comments: