Friday, May 16, 2008

Lessons I've Learned From Boy Meets World

"From the beginning of time... men have been idiots." -Eric

"If you're a real butt-head, the neat ghosts will take you to cool places"   -Cory

"Eric: You said to me that there would come a time where you weren't going to be around anymore and that's not so.
 Alan: Eric...
 Eric: No no no... no Dad. I remember everything you taught me. And I'm going to turn around and teach my children. So you see Dad you're always gonna be around."

"Feeny: My citizenship class is starting a series of practice tests this week. Unfortunately, I have a scheduling conflict. I need you to proctor.
 Eric: Me? Proctor? Proctor Mathews.
 Feeny: You know what a proctor is...?
 Eric: Yeah. It's a tushy doctor."

"You know what we all make mistakes, okay? But that's all right, because love doesn't require you to be perfect. But it does require you to forgive." -Cory

"Shawn: Cor, what I'm about to tell you is gonna make you wanna kill me.
 Cory: I'm not gonna kill you, Shawn. It takes too much time to break in a new best friend."

"Cory: So you think I'm a geek?
 Shawn: Of course not.
 Cory: So you think I'm cool?
 Shawn: Of course not.
 Cory: Then what am I?
 Shawn: You're Cory, I'm Shawn, just like it's always been. What else do you need to know?"

"You don't get it. We're in college now. We're being judged on a whole new level! Theories and footnotes--shades of meaning--nuance--spelling--where does it end, WHERE DOES IT END!" -Eric

"Jack: Lose one friend, lose all friends, lose yourself.
 Shawn: So why are all the other pages blank?
 Eric: Nothing else seemed important."

"No matter how difficult life gets, the important thing is to live it with hope." -Topanga

"If you really care for each other, you don't throw away the most important bond you have... your friendship." -Amy Mathews

"Eric: This haircut represents the NEW Eric, the SMARTER Eric.
 Jack: What are you going to do when it grows back?
 Eric: It won't grow back. I've got the receipt."

"So that's what I feel love is... when I'm better because she's here."       -Cory

"I believe in love like I believe in God: you can't touch it, you can't see it, but you can feel it's wrath." -Cory

"I believe a person is responsible for their own destiny and they can be anything they want if they want it bad enough and they never give up." -Topanga

"You think that's what makes you a good father? I mean, yeah, you taught me how to swing a bat, but any Little League coach could do that. I mean, it was more important that you were there after I struck out. You made me feel better. You're always there for me, man. Just to listen to me, to give me advice. You know, to help me get through stuff. Just like you did today. You're never going to be too old to do that." -Eric

"Feeny: Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good. 
 Topanga: Don't you mean do well?
 Feeny: No, I mean do good."

"Cory: You comin' with us Mr. Feeny? You gonna sneak up on us in Central Park or something?
 Feeny: Nooo... I shall remain here.
 Cory: No, you'll always be with us. As long as we live, ok? (Walks out of room)
 Feeny: I love you all. Class dismissed."


These are some of my favorite quotes. Obviously, some of them are jokes, but some I thought were really good lessons. I excluded some of the best Eric quotes... he's a ditz. Maybe I'm pathetic... don't care :) 

No comments: